It’s time for spring showers! Brighten up your product line with this fun shower steamer recipe made with essential oil blends to fit every mood. Here is a basic recipe using 2% fragrance for a therapeutic shower experience. Shower steamers also double as bath bombs, and great news, the plastic eggs you find at every store this time of year work perfect as molds for these shower steamers.
First of all, here are some of our recommended essential oils to use and moods that match. (yellow: lemongrass, blue: rosemary peppermint)
- Lavender Rosemary E.O. Blend: Great for bedtime, with ultimate calming qualities
- Citrus Spearmint E.O. Blend: A real pick me up, and a great start to your morning.
- Rosemary peppermint E.O. : Therapeutic and clarifying.
- Lavender Sweet Orange E.O. Blend: Bright yet soothing. Great for when you simply want to relax.
- Lemmongrass E.O. :Herbal bliss, naturally calming qualities.
Here is the basic recipe
Makes 3-4 steamers depending on the size of your mold. If you wish to customize this recipe, you can use our batch calculator linked here https://essentialsbycatalina.com/wp/33/tools-and-calculators/batch-calculator/
Follow these steps
Start by measuring out all the ingredients into a large bowl.
Followed by thorough with gloved hands.
Add desired amount of essential oil or fragrance to mixture (1% for a light smell,and up to 5% for strong) I used 2% for this batch. Mix well until most lumps of concentrated fragrance are gone.
Spray with alcohol and continue to mix until you achieve an even consistency that as a result holds together when squeezed.
Press into molds and let sit for at least 6 hours, 24 hours is highly recommended. Once unmolded, let sit for another hour to make sure all the alcohol has evaporated.
If you are using a plastic egg mold let sit for 2 minutes then remove from mold. If you let it sit too long in the egg mold it will turn rock hard and it will be very hard to remove from the mold. Handle the egg steamer with care!
Finally place steamer in the corner of yous shower floor, out of the water stream, then enjoy the aroma as it slowly releases its scent.
- You can add powdered colorant in step 1.
- You can add glitter or mica if you are using it as a bath bomb therefore giving it that extra dazzle.