Solid Body Scrub?
There are plenty of ways to make a scrub and there are plenty of varieties. However, there are multitudes of markets to cater to. Some may think that scrubs in a jar are just too messy, especially for the shower. And there is a whole market for eco-friendly and packaging free product.
Essentials by Catalina has come up with a solid scrub recipe that comes in bar form, so no jar needed. This is a great product for those who prefer package free products. All you need is either salt or sugar, fragrance, a color of your choice, Artisinal soap base, and our Lotion Bar Base. Which is chock full of moisturizers like shea butter, cocoa butter, argan oil, and much more. This recipe is for one pound. So if you wish to customize this recipe, or make a bigger batch visit our batch calculator.
This solid scrub will work fantastic in the bath or shower, especially in a steam shower. Use it whole or break off a piece to make it last.
- 70% Granulated Sugar (Regular Grain)
- 22% Artisinal White Melt & Pour Soap Base
- 4% Lotion Bar & Balm Base
- 2% Sodium Bicarbonate
- 2% Fragrance or Essential Oil
You will also need:
- 1 Heat Resistant Container (suitable for the size of your batch)
- Heat Source (microwave or hot plate)
- Large Mixing Bowl (suitable to your full batch size)
- Mixing Tool
- A mold of your choice. We recommend a plastic mold because you need to pack the warm product into the cavity.
- *optional: if you wish to add color, use either powder or liquid.
- Mix the dry ingredients in the large bowl, including powder colorant if using. Set this aside for later.
- Melt Lotion Bar Base, and Soap Base in a heat safe container.
- Then add fragrance to the mixture and liquid colorant (optional). Mix carefully until there are no oil streaks and it is well incorporated.
- Incorporate the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredients. Use a mixing tool such as a silicone spatula! The Mixture will be hot!
- Once it is well mixed and is cooled enough to handle, use gloved hands to press and pack the mixture into your mold. (the mixture should still be warm)
- Let settle overnight, then remove it from the mold.
Make it your own!
Here are some ideas that you can add to your recipe to make it unique.
- Adding dried flowers such as lavender or rose buds.
- Adding extra exfoliates such as coffee grounds, or cacao nibs.