Candy Shaped Seasonal Mini Soaps
As we have said before, we love to decorate for Halloween! There are loads of decor ideas out there, but nothing stands out like something home-made and unique. Having Halloween theme Mini Soaps in the bathroom is a fun, easy way to add some charm to your Autumn Decor!
These cheeky little Candy shape Mini Soaps also make great party favors, impulse shopping items, or as a part of a gift set. Not only do they look sweet, but they are easy to make. The mold we used can be purchased here. You can use it, or any seasonal shaped mold as you please. However, when working with Melt & Pour Soap, using a silicone mold works best. Using plastic, or other stiff sided molds for Melt & Pour Soap can be a bad idea, as it is difficult to un-mold the soap.
You Will Need:
Candy Shaped Soap Tutorial Steps
- Melt 1oz of Super Clear Soap.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon of Binchotan Charcoal to melted Soap, mix to dissolve.
- Fill a pipette with the black soap and gently apply to the lowest parts and decorative accent points of the candy mold.
- Let cool completely and start the next step while allowing the Black to cool.
- Melt 20 more ounces of Clear Soap, then add Fragrance and Mica, mix well.
- Separate about 1 ounce of prepared soap and add 2-4 drops of Liquid Colorant.
- Spray the mold with alcohol and pour in the colored soap. repeat this step for every color.
- Let them cool at least 2 hours before removing them from the mold.
Use any color combination to fit your decor or theme. This tutorial can easily be tailored to any season or holiday. Be sure to wait those two hours before removing them from the mold!
If you are patient the layers should not separate and the soap will look stunning. Don't forget to add your own special touch like dusting the finished soap with glitters or mica.
Get the Kids Involved!
It is almost impossible to keep kids away from candies and sweets during this time of the year, it's everywhere!
Making these Candy Soaps is easy enough for kids to help out with, under appropriate adult supervision, and is a great, though temporary, distraction from the Sweetfest!
Kids love trying out the fragrances and getting creative with colors. Also, the fun doesn't stop when the Candy Soap cools. Have crafting supplies ready, like small bags, crayons, and markers available for the kids to decorate. They can let their imaginations run free as they decorate their bags, labels and anything else they can dream up!
This article, Pretend Play Kits for Your Girl in 2017 was a great resource for what makes a great Play Kit.