Soy wax melts have saturated the market lately, but we have a perfect solution for those who want an alternative to soy wax. These all natural wax melts are made from 3 simple ingredients; beeswax, palm oil and essential oil. You can use fragrance oil instead of essential oil if you like, however, they would then no longer be considered all natural.
All Natural Wax Melts
There are multiple benefits of using beeswax in melts. They remain stable at room temperature and when heated, release negative ions into the air. Those negative ions neutralize pollutants such as dust and allergens. Not only do these wax melt make a room smell great, but they help clean the air as well!
We use palm oil in this recipe because of its high smoke point. This oil will not start smoking until 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also a cost effective oil.
Equipment You Will Need
- Heat safe container fit for a double boiler. Or a direct heat safe container.
- A heat source such as a hot plate.
- oven mitts or heat protective gloves
- Wax melt containers or small bar molds
- Measure out the beeswax and palm oil in your chosen heat safe container.
- Slowly melt the beeswax and palm oil on low heat until they are fully melted.
- Turn the heat off and remove the container from the double boiler, give it a quick stir, and then add
- Slowly stir the essential oils until they are fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Finally, carefully pour the mixture into wax melt molds or small bars. Let these cool completely before handling them.
Essential Oils Best For Wax Warmers
We recommend using essential oils that promote good feelings. Blends that have lavender, orange or small amounts of mint. Too much mint, tea tree, or overpowering earthy essential oils, can be overwhelming for the senses. So here are some hand selected favorite essential oils that work great for scenting rooms. Certain essential oils are inherently lighter than others, so these blends ensure the scent will not be too strong.