It’s no secret that the colorful world of unicorns has been a recently trending. All sorts of bath and body products, food and cocktails have been inspired by this mythical creature. It also inspired us to create these DIY unicorn bath crystals. They’re fun, eye-catching, and a beautiful bath time treat for all ages.
DIY UNICORN BATH CRYSTALS RECIPE
- Extra Coarse Bath Salts
- Unicorn F.O.
- Soap colorants: Pink, Blue, and Violet
- Rose Gold Glitter
- Mica Powders: Caribbean Blue, And Magic Mauve
- 3 Mixing Bowls
- 3 pairs of gloves
- Spray bottle with rubbing alcohol
How to mix unicorn bath crystals
- Split your salts into 3 batches (one for each color)
- Pick one batch, add a few drops of colorant, a third of the fragrance and toss with gloved hands. You may have to spritz the colored salts with alcohol to better disperse the color.
- Then add Caribbean blue mica to the blue batch. And add the magic mauve to the pink batch. Toss with gloved hands until the mica is evenly dispersed. .
- For the violet batch, spritz the scented and colored salts with rubbing alcohol, and add the rose gold glitter.
- Quickly toss the glitter throughout the violet salts. The alcohol will help adhere the glitter to the salts.
- Let the alcohol dissipate completely (the alcohol smell goes away) before mixing all three batches together.
Tips and Tricks
If the salts look wet after adding the liquid colorant, leave them out for a day so the salt will help dry out the liquid.
Make different batches of unicorn bath crystals by mixing each color with shimmery white salts. That way, customers have the choice of a purple unicorn, a blue unicorn, and a pink unicorn.
For those who don’t already know what our unicorn fragrance oil smells like, it is a playful scent with notes of juicy fruit, sugary sweet candies, and a light touch of sparkle.
Pairing Unicorn Bath Crystals With other Unicorn products.
Making the perfect matching unicorn body wash is easy when using our Suspension Shower gel. It truly showcases the magical color shift of the mica. Here is the simple recipe for a unicorn body wash.
Matching Unicorn Body Wash
- Suspension Shower Gel Base
- Unicorn Fragrance Oil
- Mica and glitter: Caribbean Blue, Magic Mauve, And Rose Gold Glitter
- Few drops of liquid colorant: Blue, Pink, and Violet
Mixing The Mica Into The Body Wash
- Add the fragrance, colorant, and glitter to the gallon
- Shake the gallon vigorously. Everything should mix together beautifully.
- let the gallon settle for two hours before filling it into the bottles.